Thursday, April 23, 2009

Technology Rocks!!!!

I mean, yes, there are areas that it goes toooooo far, but I’m not gonna get on that topic. I’m gonna tell you how it ROCKED for me the other day! Okay, it is Tuesday morning. Mel and I have pulled into the parking lot at Cooks for her sedated ABR in plenty of time and fully prepared. I was SO PROUD of myself. I had brought along a couple of toys she likes along with her favorite toy ever. It is “Alphabet Town” by VTech… Anyway, she LOVES this toy that Uncle Gary bought her. (Uncle Gary isn’t really a blood uncle, but he and Kevin go WAAAY back and he was best man at our wedding.) I figured that this would be great for passing the time in between registration and then when she actually went back for the procedure. Well, I get out of the car. Get loaded up. Put Alphabet Town in her backpack and zip it up as far as it will go because it is a bit too big for the backpack but I already have my hands full with purse, backpack, Melody…
Darn! Drop keys. Go to pick them up and crash boom bang! Alphabet Town hits the freakin’ pavement… HARD! My heart sinks… Morning ruined??? Many bad cuss words cross my mind. But we get inside and luckily they were ahead of schedule so we moved right along…
Fast forward to me in the waiting room… I am freaking over Alphabet Town. Grab cell phone. Go on-line. Search VTech Alphabet Town. Target shows to have it. Call Target by the house. “TOYS PLEASE!!!” I’m transferred and spoke to a delightfully sweet girl on the phone… “Do you have this? It is my daughter’s favorite toy and I BROKE IT!!!” On hold… she comes back… “Yes ma’am, we have it. Would you like me to put a copy of it up front with your name on it?” OH HECK YEAH!!!!
Yup… it ROCKS!

No comments: