Monday, July 28, 2008

Still Shaking

Trying to type this with shaking arms is difficult.

Near miss. Strange term if you ask me. The term is used commonly in the military, ATC and healthcare among some other professions. Doesn’t really make sense to me, but, I guess you could call what happened a few minutes ago a near miss. I myself am shaken to the core and I guess will have to call it another “gift” from God that I am here.

I went to run errands at lunch. I ran by to get my car washed and by the bank. On my way from the bank I was deciding if I wanted to stay straight and run on to the drug store or go ahead and turn right and go back to the office. I decided I didn’t really feel like getting out in the heat again at CVS so I got in the right hand turn lane, which of course caused me to slow down a little to make my turn back to work. THANK GOD that I didn’t go to the drug store at lunch today because I would no longer be here. Because as I got in the right hand turn lane, someone was flying at about 45 to 50 mph and ran the red light. Had I continued to go straight, through the green light at the 30 mph I was travelling I would have been hit, dead on, on my side of my truck. I don’t think the idiot even had a clue. There was nobody else around. I just sat at the light for 2-3 minutes in shock, shaking, thinking oh my God, what if???? The tears finally hit as I pulled back into the parking garage at work. It hasn’t even been a year since the last wreck. I haven’t even settled my legal case from the wreck…

I feel sick. I feel numb. I feel dizzy. That is all I can really type right now. Prepare to more than likely hear a major vent about careless, stupid, selfish people later.

1 comment:

**** April **** said...

OH my GOD girl...that is horrible... I can't image the flashback. :( big hugs.... that was definitely a God moment